I made stripe turtleneck from KwikSew 2403 pattern. I bought it in thrift store. This was first time I used this pattern company. I cut XS but for my opinion this size was too big for me so I took a lot in side seams and underarm too. Also I narrowed the sleeves a lot! I will transfer these changes to my copy and will have nice turtleneck pattern for next garment.
|Kwik Sew 2403|
For stabilizing shoulder seams I used stay-tape by Collins instead of piece of fabric but I think now this was waste of money because it was itchy. Good lesson for me. Maybe I will find use for it but I am not sure.
This garment is my first fully Canadian as the fabric and the pattern was bought in Vancouver%) Even with itchy shoulders I like my "memade" especially neck and long sleeves, I am big fan of long sleeves, next time I will make cuffs with holes for thumbs.
|Awful winter light%(|
- Fabric: remnant of cotton rib knit, 1.4 m, I still have pretty big piece of it.
- Pattern: KwikSew 2403
- I bought the fabric and the pattern without any specific plans.
- Notions: thread, twin needle, stay-tape
- Time to complete: 5.8 hours (too much because of alterations)
- First worn: November 2014.
- Wear again: already.
- Total cost: 2 Canadian $ for fabric + 0.5 for pattern (was $1, but I used it twice) = C$2.5