Tuesday 2 September 2014

Butterflies T-shirt

This is long time since my last post about finished project. I have checked right now - it was one year ago!! Oh no! I made a lot of garments but didn't blog them, I should improve this situation.

I finished a t-shirt in this June. It was half done so I didn't spend a lot of time with it.

Summer Butterflies Top
The pattern and fabric were bought in Tampere, Finland during short trip with my aunt. She attended the conference and I visited the city and fabric shop%)) Also I visited some fabric shops in Helsinki and bought this butterflies knit print there.

Finish shopping made last year
I bought Ottobre magazine, issue 02/2013. I like their designs, the patterns are pretty basic but with nice details and interesting cut. So I choose the pattern number 2 - Summer Basic Top. This is loose knit top with short kimono sleeves and additional draping in the bottom.

Ottobre 02-2013-02 It looks the same as tech drawing


It seems to me that I cut size 36 but I am not sure%)) Because the instructions were in Finnish I cannot say anything about them but for this simple design you don't need instructions. The sewing process was very easy,maybe the only problem for me was to bind the neckline and not to stretch it.

I like how this top looks, it was very comfy to wear during hot days. I like the neckline, pretty feminine. I think I make more such tops, maybe one version with more draping on the bottom and one just straight.



Facts:
  • Fabric:  1m (width 1.55m) of rayon knit from Finland. I have pretty big piece after cutting. maybe for cami.
  • Pattern: Ottobre 02/2013 02
  • Fabric was bought first because of nice print.
  • Notions: thread, twin needle 
  • Time to complete: 3 hours
  • First worn: June 2014 for walking.
  • Wear again:  Yes! Already.
  • Total cost:  6 euro for fabric + 1.8 euro for thread + 9 euro for magazine  = 16.8 euro. This is pretty much for t-shirt but I plan to make more from this magazine so this increase the cost%)
Also you can see my pattern review.
PS. The skirt I worn was refashioned by me, it was too long and looked boring so I cut it and worn a lot this summer.
Refashioned skirt with me-made t-shirt

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty top and I bet it goes with lots of things.

    You've found some interesting backdrops there. Wish there were similar things around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like these murals around! Will try to make photos near.

      Delete
  2. That is such a pretty fabric, I really love that you´ve used if on such a classic and elegant top as well, it show off the fabric really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great top. I love the cute fabric :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...