Tuesday 28 May 2013

Burda Sew-along - Raglan shirt 02/2013 127

In the end of April I decided to participate in Burda sew-along. Almost all my garments were made from Burda patterns so I couldn't miss this sew-along%)

I made a raglan shirt from Burda 02/2013. I liked this pattern from the first moment. I used a fabric from my stash but now I think that this was not the best choice. The fabric is too thin and sheer, I prefer more thick tees. Also I had problems with a neckline and ripping (small holes formed on the fabric, rrrrrrrrrr).


So, my pattern review:
Pattern Sizing: 34, 38, 40, 42, 42. I cut 36.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, the look is pretty the same.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. But I did a neckline a little bit different. I made the shorter stripe for the neckline and sewn stretching the stripe. Also I topstitched neckline with twin needle. But this is not saved me from stretching neckline a little bit%(
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like raglan and the gathers on the shoulders, they look nice, and don't like the low armhole.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't add 7cm at sleeves for hemming. Also I made the tee a little bit shorter. My shoulder seams are 1cm lower because I made mistake and when ripping I made holes on the fabric, so I had to sew with bigger seam allowance to hide the holes. This was not bad because the tee was little bit to big in the shoulders.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will try to make it with more thick fabric. Also I will cut 34 size next time.
Conclusion: Nice raglan tee with interesting details.





Facts:
  • Fabric:  1.1m (width 1.5m) of rayon knit, very thin.
  • Pattern: Burda magazine 02/2013 127
  • Fabric was bought first, to companion to my blue dress.
  • Notions: thread, twin needle, fusible stay tape
  • Time to complete: 7.20 hours. I spent a lot of time for the neckline and fixing my mistakes on the shoulder seams.
  • First worn: 26 April for walking.
  • Wear again:  Yes! Yesterday%))
  • Total cost:  8.8 euro for fabric + 0.9 euro for thread + 2 euro for magazine  = 11.7 euro

2 comments:

  1. I like raglan Tshirts too. This looks fantastic on you; I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! It looks super comfy as well and the colour is totally you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...