- Fabric: 1.1m (width 1.6m) of cotton, it is better to have 10cm more.
- Pattern: Burda magazine 12/2012 119
- Fabric was bought first, to companion to my orange skirt
- Notions: thread, buttons
- Time to complete: I started it in February, have finished in end of March. Sewing time - 13.5 hours.
- First worn: 30 March,2013 on the concert%))
- Wear again: Yes!
- Total cost: 4 euro for fabric(this was a fabric with defect) + 1.5 euro for thread + 1 euro for buttons + 2 euro for pattern = 8.5 euro
|Back. I like the button%)|
Pattern Description: Simple blouse.
Pattern Sizing: 36, 38, 40, 42, 44. I cut 36.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, the same.
Were the instructions easy to follow? I had some difficultes to understand on which side of cuffs should I sewed buttons. Also this was my first neckline finished with bias, so I read instructions several times.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like this simple blouse, it is very comfortable. I would like to deep the neckline, it is too high for me.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Yes, I made the back 1.5 cm narrower, also I shortened sleeves and made cuffs wider (this was done because of lack of the fabric)
|I have some difficulties to make loops!|
Yes, I would like to make one-color blouse and may be a top for summer, this is pretty good alternative to knit long sleeves which I wear all the time. I would like to change neckline a little bit and may be to make armhole deeper.
Conclusion: This is nice pattern and you can make good basic tops.