Friday 16 November 2012

Fabrics from France, part 2

I need to finish my posts about the fabrics from French trip before I go somewhere else%))) Since last fabric's post I've even made skirt from one piece from Roeun!%)) Unbelievable speed for me!

Before my trip I saw somewhere in blogosphere about big fabric shop in Paris, it was Marché Saint-Pierre, of course I wanted to visit it! I am big fan of big specialize shops! For example I like to visit German supermarket Boesner for art-material when I can!%)) I always bought heaps of papers, notebooks and markers there%)) But this is not about fabrics, sorry!%))

So I planned to visit this marche, we made it together with our Parisian friend and left Semeon somewhere not far away because he is not a fan of big fabric's shop, ha-ha! Not only big, he doesn't like the small ones too because I always ask his opinion about some fabric but he hasn't any!%))

The district near Marché Saint-Pierre is full with different shops so you need a lot of time to visit them all! I have made some purchase in the 3 of them.

The first one was Tissus Reine. This is pretty big shop with good choice of fabrics for clothes and home, with patters department etc. I bought there laces for my polka dot dress(eh, I put it away till next summer). Also I was looking for fusible stay tape but it was too difficult to explain to non sewing friend what I needed(I don't know how it will be in french%).

Then I saw Coupons De Saint Pierre. Ooo, I like such shops where you need to find something in the boxes! Coupon is remnant in French. There were the boxes with fixed price with 3 meters remnants. I chose there 2 pieces - 3m of orange cotton and 3m of navy linen.

Long story short we came to Marché Saint-Pierre. I some much wanted to buy some bright madras print but decided to do this next time!%)) So I chose some brown jersey for winter-fall dress. Also I bought buttons for polka dot dress, I was not very satisfied with my choice but I decided to buy them or else I wouldn't have any buttons! I always imagine something that nowhere exist that why I try to buy red summer shoes 5 years%))
So, these are pictures to this long story!

Parisian fabrics
Laces and buttons for polka dot dress

10 comments:

  1. Love te polka dot/lace/button combo! I already know it MUST be a dress :)) (just read the caption. I was right lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I girl or not?? I haven't any pol dot in my wardrobe! Lingerie doesn't count%))

      Delete
  2. You should announce in public that you bet to complete 50 items during 13 and 14 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm!! I didn't sleep well may be I was crazy??? This is too big challenge for me!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Lena: The polka dot combination looks fantastic. I´m looking forward to seeing the dress finished already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we will have warm time only in hmm (I hope) May, so now wool-wool-wool!%)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hope, I will manage to do something nice from them!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh! I want to go to Paris now! Believe it or not I bought the same polka dot fabric in the uk. Nice to know we'll be twins in a way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. %))) Polka dot from some Russian shop%)) I like it, want to have more in my wardrobe%)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...