|Burda Challenge, January|
But this was not the only one project on my sewing table, of course. I finished second cushion for a couch, the first one was done in the end of December. I saw once in IKEA or maybe in web cushions which look like sweaters so I decided to buy some XXL second-hand sweaters and make these cushions myself. I had some big pillows which I got for free on freecycle.org(very nice site indeed! I recommend it, I also got a box with some sewing stuff there).
During sale in Value Village I bought 2 big cotton sweaters for 5$. The sewing was pretty simple%) Only the buttonholes troubled me a little bit. And now we have nice cushions!
Facts:I still have sleeves from these sweaters and I am looking for ideas what to make from them%)
- Fabric: sweaters from thrift-store
- Pattern: none
- I saw cushions somewhere and decided to make them.
- Notions: thread, buttons
- Time to complete: 3h10m (the most time I spend for buttonholes)
- First worn: December 2014.
- Total cost: 5 Canadian $ for sweaters, buttons were free = 5C$ per both. I checked in IKEA, they cost there 20C$ each.